Thursday, August 9, 2007

Here I am!

I'm finally in Laoag!! Everything worked out perfectly as I traveled here -- God really had His hand in it. I was surrounded by helpful and friendly people on my flights and even in the streets of Manila. Every detail has been taken care of -- my luggage, hotel reservations, taxi drivers, etc, etc, etc.

I have felt for some time that God would use this trip to stretch me in the area of prayer, and I have already begun to see it happening.

Yesterday, my last day of traveling, was perhaps the most stressful time I have ever had on a mission trip. My original flight to Laoag was canceled, and I had to make my way from ticket office to ticket office until I finally straightened things out and paid for a later flight with a different airline. I had difficulty checking in, could not contact anyone in Laoag to tell them about my new travel arrangements, and risked running out of money as I paid for an unexpected new plane ticket, taxi, excess baggage, and the terminal fee. However, I spent the entirety of three hours floating in and out of prayer, and God took excellent care of me. I was placed on a flight with Pastor Florie Santiago, one of the women with whom I am staying here in Laoag, and had an automatic ride home from the airport because of it!!!

I start my work here next week. Please pray that God will prepare my heart for the things He has in store for me this year.
I love you all and appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

love,k

4 comments:

Willie said...

Welcome "Home" to Laoag! I know our Lord will use this experience to deepen your intimacy w/ Him through prayer! Particularly the discipline of listening prayer...hearing His voice in the midst of the uncertainty and chaos of life as you live it.

Say hello to Pastor Florie, Jong, Danny, AllanRey, Glenn and the rest of the pastors there!

Pam and I are praying for you!

Grace and Peace,

Willie and Pam

tapreach said...

Awesome Kait, we are proud of you. Give our love to all there. We miss you but are rejoicing at such an opportunity for you to serve the Lord! I look forward to make a bunch of comments during the year.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaitlyn, I had a similar experience going to and arriving in India and I was not as prayerful. Probably muttered some bad words and was looking for a beer! You handled it much better :-)

Quigg+

Shelly Atkins said...

Hey there! Glad you are safe and sound!! Guess what? It was hotter here than in Laoag - about 100 yesterday! Love to Florie, Corazon and everyone!!!!!