Thursday, September 6, 2007

Balacad Elementary School

On Tuesday I traveled about 30 minutes away to a more primitive area called Piddig, where one of our daughter churches is located, for the church groundbreaking. The church members previously met on a basketball court -- praise God that they will now have somewhere to meet!! A construction team is doing much of the work (headed by one of Full Gospel Main's members, the father of two of my friends), but many of the local church members (men who aren't working during the day) are laboring for free.

Today was my first day at Balacad Elementary School -- about 20 minutes outside of the city. Two of the older church members teach there, and we've arranged for me to work with the students there, primarily in their music class. Today I stayed for about an hour and taught them the song "Eagles' Wings." Hopefully I will go back next Tuesday and teach them some motions to the song. (That is something I still haven't gotten used to -- the kids here are taught motions with practically every song they learn!!) I meant to bring my camera along so I could take a picture, but I forgot. Maybe next time.

Tomorrow I'll be going to Pagudpud, what they call the "white sand beach," with the ladies I'm staying with and some other women who have been visiting (they are from Manila and are here for a women leaders' seminar). I'm excited to have a day to relax while still being around people.

I miss and love you all! I'm preaching at the Friday youth service on the 21st-- pray for me, that God will give me the right message for these kids. Also, tomorrow night I will be leading the "learning new songs" session for the youth group and teaching them two Hillsong United songs: Hosanna and Solution. I hope that God will use even that time to minister to the young people here through me.....
love,k

0 comments: