Friday, September 28, 2007

SAVERS

Tonight (Friday) I am traveling with the SAVERS Club to a place called Parparurug (I know I butchered the spelling...), where we'll be performing at their church anniversary. I think it's their 12th or something. We're only performing two things -- both human videos -- because the youth at Parparurug also have a performance planned. (Dance, I think.) The first human video is to the song "I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb." In it, we portray the persecution and killing of Christians. It's really powerful, and I have a role, which is exciting (my role is probably the most dramatic and involves a lot of screaming, fighting, crying, running...). The second is called "Tomorrow," and it's about a girl who postpones giving her life to Jesus. It's much simpler than the first, but also very good.

We're also continuing to prepare for our own church anniversary and our outreach trip to Mancayan, which is about 12 hours away from here and up in the mountains. We're working on two new hand mimes, and I've been asked to lead a dance to the Hillsong song "Still." One of our leaders found a video on YouTube of a Korean group doing an interpretative dance to the song, and we are going to try and learn their dance. I'm still working on it -- it's kind of difficult to watch a video and figure out what exactly the performers are doing. If you're interested, here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyjWUJ4Vels

Outside of SAVERS stuff, everything is going well. I don't have much to report -- still teaching, etc. I'm also learning to cook some cool stuff :)

love,k

P.S. I will try and get some good pictures tonight of our performance -- so you can get an idea of how it went!

0 comments: