Friday, September 21, 2007

Discovering the Reality of God

It's about 9:45, and I just got in from the Friday night activities. Tonight was the night I preached at the youth service -- the other day I still hadn't figured out what I was going to talk to, but in listening to an old sermon of my youth pastor's about the Lion of Judah I was inspired to share some of the same things with the kids here. I preached out of Revelation 5 and talked about the reality of God -- how he is both the Lion and the Lamb, and how in realizing that we will lose our contentedness and live fully for His kingdom. Anyway, I could give a ton more details, but I won't.

All this week (after I'd written the sermon outline) I felt great about it. I had been stressed and worried and nervous about it, and it was a huge weight off my shoulders to finally know what I was going to be sharing -- and to feel so good about it!! Tonight about an hour before it was time to speak all the nerves finally hit me. I wasn't really nervous about the topic, or speaking in front of them, just about talking too fast, for too long, etc. -- and terrified that the kids wouldn't understand at all. I was really praying that the Lord would stir something up in their hearts as they heard me speak, but I was still worried that He wouldn't. However, as soon as I started speaking all my nervousness subsided and I felt totally at ease. Afterwards two of my friends (Macky and Bhong) were making fun of me because I talk with my hands and move around when I'm speaking, and because I kept saying "anyway" and all this stuff. I may not be the best speaker, but I think I did a pretty good job. Even if the kids didn't get it, I think the leaders did -- and that is a start.

It's been raining all day today and a lot this whole week -- weird, because it had stopped raining until recently. I wonder if we're getting in one last good rainfall before rainy season comes to a close. Regardless, I kind of like it. I love that rainy-day feeling, just cozying up on the couch with a good book and some fuzzy socks and a bowl of soup. (Mind you, here it's rainy and hot, so I really don't do any of these things. But you get the idea.)

Tomorrow's Compassion Day and will hopefully just be a good time of me spending time with people. I'm looking forward to that -- I always look forward to the weekends. :) All in all, I'm doing pretty well and feel great about life in general here, especially my role (I still haven't figured out everything, but I know that I am being used). It's encouraging.

love,k

0 comments: