Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Anniversary

Well, since I haven't written in so long, I am going to write two blogs: one about the anniversary and one about our SAVERS outreach trip.

The anniversary was a success!! I enjoyed the lechon, but wasn't able to name my pig. I hadn't chosen a name by that afternoon, and while I was munching on roasted pig skin (very yummy!) I couldn't bring myself to name it. Oh well.

After the lechon we were able to rest and prepare for the service that evening. I spent the afternoon lying on a pew with my foot propped up -- For those of you who didn't already know, I hurt my toe during the week leading up to the anniversary. I told you I'd been practicing my solo pointe dance like crazy, which later wound up being 1) a very bad idea and 2) completely pointless. I bruised the toenail and probably also sprained the toe (it was my right big toe), and wound up not being able to do the dance on pointe at all. I still danced, but used my flat ballet shoes. :[ I taped my toe up and spent the evening barefooted. My dance was right at the beginning of the service, so I had some much-needed time to rest my foot afterwards.

I don't know how we did it, but we pulled everything off!! We performed 2 hand mimes, 2 dances, and 4 human videos -- everything was brand new! At the last minute (as in during the two days and nights before the anniversary) everyone started showing up for practices and we were able to get a lot of work done. Our two biggest problems in SAVERS are 1) tardiness and 2) lack of focus and motivation during practices. We discussed this the other night during a meeting, and hopefully we'll see some improvement.

Anyway, that's that! 55 years of God's faithfulness -- and we're ready for year 56!

0 comments: