Thursday, October 18, 2007

Needing some time to breathe...

Well, I was definitely wrong about not being able to fit in practices this week -- we've been practicing every single night, sometimes till as late as 11!!! I am exhausted and oh-so-busy. Here is my schedule as of late:

1. In the mornings I either teach English or go to the elementary school.
2. After returning I work on stuff for the LCD projector, although I recently learned that I don't have to have everything finished by Sunday -- only the songs that will be used during the anniversary. So I'm breathing a BIG sigh of relief. :]
3. After lunch I get back to work on the LCD stuff, and try to fit a nap in. Sometimes this happens, and other times it doesn't -- but I'm definitely grateful for the times that it does!!
4. Around 3 I go over to the church with my ballet/pointe shoes, iPod, and some band-aids and work on a solo pointe dance that I'll be performing this anniversary. I've been pushing myself really hard to improve on the little things -- I have already made up the dance and remember all the steps; now it's just a matter of making it look good.
5. We have worship team practice every day around 5 or 5:30. I've been singing backup for the past two nights, so I have to be there - and even when I don't have to, I enjoy listening. It's like an extra chance to worship!
6. After showering and eating dinner, it's time for the service (8:30-9 PM every night). We have an opening passage of scripture (from Psalms), do praise and worship, and Pastor Florie prays. There is a theme every night (thanksgiving, church ministries, young people, every family represented in church, etc.), which is cool. After the service someone from the church provides a snack (soup, bread, etc.) for everyone.
7. After snack it's back to practicing -- we concentrate on one thing each night, either hand mime, human video, or dance. At around 10:30 we're usually done, but sometimes it's later. We take everyone home and I crash.

On top of all this, I got food poisoning on Monday from some meat we ate Sunday afternoon. One of the ladies here in the house got sick too, but she is better now -- I, on the other hand, have still been having trouble keeping my food down. I think one of the things that's keeping me from feeling normal is all the stress my body is under from dancing so much, staying up late, etc. If you could keep me in your prayers for that I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, and we finalized the dates for the Mankayan/Cervantes trip (can you believe it? I'd been spelling BOTH of those wrong all along!) - we leave October 23, late at night. I'm excited. I'll give more details about that later. Thanks again for all your prayers and support --

love,k

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to find information on how to teach hand mime. Since you have taught it, I'm hoping you will be able to give me some pointers. Please email me at ehorniachek@hotmail.com

Thanks so much.