Monday, March 24, 2008

Planting seeds


Most of the people I interact with here aren’t that big on the prophetic, or “words from the Lord,” or visions and dreams, or any of that stuff. It’s not that they don’t believe in it. They do, at least as far as I know. They just don’t do it. They don’t mind it being done, but they’re not going to be the ones doing it, if that makes sense. 

So, when the Lord told me something I was supposed to share with the praise and worship team, I got scared. It’s not the first time He’s given me a word for someone (or in this case, a group of someones), but in the past I’ve been able to predict how that person would respond. This time, I had no clue. Would they listen to me? Would they freak out and think I was coming up with all of this on my own? Would they nod and smile but not take any of it into account? I didn’t know. So I just came up with excuses and made myself forget.

This week, my mom asked me about it. I felt so ashamed for not telling them about it that I got angry and just wanted to forget it. But as I prayed about it, the Lord gave me even more things to say and continued pushing me towards talking to them. So I did. And I think what I said stirred up at least a few of their hearts. 

I won’t go into too much detail about this, but I want to share some with you because I’d love for you to join with me in prayer for this group. 

Legs swinging beneath the table and palms sweating, I told the worship team what God told me: "I miss you."

Just as I miss hanging out with my friends and family, I said, He misses hanging out with them. And – I think this is something a lot of people don’t get – that doesn’t just mean prayer and time in the Word or in worship. Of course, those are great things, but it’s also important to go and sit at the feet of Jesus. I shared with them how how every second of every day I have to ask God to rip out of me everything that displeases Him – and still, I make Him sad at times. It's an everyday struggle. Before we can worship, before we can pray and before we can understand God's Word, we need to let Him clean us out. We need to find that quiet place and just be with Him.

Like I said, I wasn’t sure how they’d react, if at all. But they did! Our music pastor came up to me with tears in his eyes and thanked me. About half an hour later, as I was sitting in the street talking (my nightly ritual) two of the guys on the team came up to talk to me about it. I was able to share with them more personal stuff relating to this and get feedback from them. One told me that he felt sad as he heard me share, because he sees how true it all is.

I believe – I know – that the members of the worship team here are Christians. But I also believe that several of them have lost that pure, innocent relationship with God. The one where He’s all that matters, where you desire to be in His presence 24/7, not just during services or special events.

So pray for them.

love,k

0 comments: